This one is a serious game changer. Just think how many sanitary towels or tampons you get through each month. With Modibodi’s period underwear you may not need anything else.
The product – Modibodi Period Underwear
I’ve tried a couple of brands of period underwear in my search for ditching the disposables. Whilst some of the others have left me feeling less than dry, Modibodi have been a game changer.
To be completely open, I don’t have the heaviest flow. That said, I have never needed anything on top of these pants during my period.
They come in a whole range of different shapes, sizes and colours. Some of that is preference but the size will also impact the absorbency.
- Slim – only 3mm thick
- Can hold up to 20ml or up to 4 tampons worth
- Bamboo, Merino Perform Wool and Microfibre (there is also a vegan option)
- Keeps you feeling dry
- Rinse in cold water when you change and stick them in the machine to wash (cold)
- Hang dry only and no fabric softener
How it works:
- The top layer quickly wicks away moisture, fights bacteria and stops smells, so you stay dry and fresh
- The middle layer safely absorbs fluid and locks it away (2.5-20mls depending on the flow you go with)
- The bottom layer is extra waterproof protection, so you’re super secure and sassy as always
I have a range of styles to suit every day of my period, 5 in total.
You can check out all of Modibodi’s eco-credentials at the bottom of this post in our handy infographic.
How much is it and where do I get it?
The Classic Bikini in heavy/overnight is £22. They are therefore a bit of an investment although you get a discount if you buy a bundle.
And think how much you’ll save on disposables!
You can get them direct here.
That’s a wrap
When you think about the amount of disposable products you get through every month, then year, then lifetime it really hits home how much plastic or general waste you will create as a result of a natural process. That’s what makes these such a great invention. The quality and effectiveness makes these one of my favourite recommendations.
Drop me a message in the comments if you have any questions or recommendations of your own. If you want to watch the video for this one then head to our Instagram.
P.s. If you want to sign up to receive these emails they can do so here. Disclaimer I will occasionally share updates on The Tights Club too.